Why Tiny Houses are Popular in North Carolina?
The state of North Carolina. There’s possibly no other state with mountains that are as majestic as the Blue Ridge Mountains. This makes this mountainous region a super-hot market for people looking to buy tiny houses for sale in NC.
Who wouldn’t want to be able to call these mountains their home?
At the time of their first emergence, thousands of years ago, The Blue Ridge Mountains were some of the tallest peaks in the world. They have, however, long ago been re-shaped due to centuries of erosion caused by the coming and going of ancient glaciers. But still, these mountains offer peace and serenity and a general escape from noisy cities. Even in their current state, the Blue Ridge mountains and the entire state of North Carolina have some of the most breath-taking views available in the U.S.
Moreover, there are several other benefits that people living in tiny houses get to enjoy that regular home owners don’t. People throughout the state are waking up and realizing that North Carolina is a great place for a tiny home.
The Benefits of Tiny Houses
- Living without a mortgage – Most of our clients end up being able to pay off their debts and mortgages much faster than if they were still to be living in their full-sized home. Living in a smaller space means that heating and cooling costs will be significantly reduced, and you can focus on paying down your debts and working towards a stress-free future.
- Living without boundaries – When you buy tiny houses for sale in North Carolina, you are often not tied down to the traditional type of life that most people have. Without a mortgage and by having wheels underneath your house, you will be able to go wherever life takes you, without leaving your home behind. Many of our clients turn to a fully-nomadic life and tend to travel around the country, staying for as long or as little as they like before moving on.
- Living with each other – When you make the switch to living in a tiny home, you gain access to a nationwide community of people just like yourself. In almost every country around the planet, there are tiny house communities that keep popping up and taking the world by storm. Adopting the tiny house lifestyle makes it easy to meet people who share common values with you and are committed to living a higher standard of life. There is even a worldwide community of tiny home owners, and with the use of internet forums, you can be part of this thriving community no matter where in the world you choose to call home.
- Living with the planet – Tiny house are usually defined as being less than 400 Sq. Ft. This, obviously, means that they have less internal space and are therefore more energy efficient. Tiny homes do not require as much power for heating and cooling and are often powered by their own generators, wind mills or solar panels. This energy efficiency is one of the major facts as to why people like the idea of living in a smaller house. Many clients, who’ve bought tiny homes for sale in North Carolina, are dedicated to reducing the impact that we have on the planet and by living in a house that requires less energy, our customers get to do just that.
Cost of tiny houses for sale in North Carolina
When you are looking for tiny homes for sale in North Carolina, you are going to have to make a few choices as to exactly what you’re looking for.
Some people already have a piece of land to sit their tiny house on, but others, namely those moving from a large house or apartment into a tiny house, are going to need to have somewhere to put their house once it is built or bought. Having to purchase additional land is, of course, going to influence the overall cost of your tiny house project and can affect how long the transition is going to take.
Tiny houses in North Carolina can typically be found going for anywhere in between $20,000 and $150,000. However, the median price seems to be somewhere closer to in between $70,000 and $120,000.
Some builders will claim to be able to offer tiny houses for as low as $30,000, but make sure to read the fine print and know exactly what you are getting for that price. A price that seems too good to be true is often exactly that… Too good to be true.
A lot of the builders who advertise such low prices are only advertising the cost of the house itself. This will not include any custom furnishing or interior finishes. Which can be a huge pitfall if you were not expected these extra expenses.
Where Can I Get a Tiny House in North Carolina?
When it comes to finding tiny houses for sale in North Carolina, there are a few options. You can choose to build a tiny house yourself. Buy the material, learn from video tutorials or maybe a trusted colleague and do all the work with your own hands. This will, of course, save you some money, but could also lead to problems in the future if you are not entirely sure what you’re doing.
Your second option is to buy a tiny house through a realtor or private sale. There are many people who have built tiny houses and loved them well but are now looking to move on with their lives. This can be a good option for people who don’t have a lot of time and need to get into a tiny house sooner, rather than later.
The third, and likely best, option when looking at tiny homes is to enlist the help of a qualified and licensed contractor. This option will help to ensure that you get a tiny home that is designed the way you want it to be and will also ensure that your house is built up to local building codes. This way you can be guaranteed that it will last for years to come.
Why Hiring a Builder is Better Than Looking for Used Tiny Homes for Sale in North Carolina?
When you hire a builder to help you build your home, they will make sure to take all the hard work out of the job. Contractors will do all the hiring necessary and have the knowledge to get the job done properly. In addition to providing high-quality workmanship and long-lasting tiny homes, many builders might even offer a warranty on some of their work.
You will, however, still get to make many of the important decisions as to which materials are used and how the house is designed. But, most of the physical work will be undertaken by your builder.
When working with a builder it is also important for them to work with you and make sure that your needs are met. A good contractor will make sure that you feel involved and will always consider your opinion. Otherwise, you could end up with a house that looks and functions nothing like what you had in mind.
What Can We Offer
We want to offer our clients the best possible solutions to exactly what it is that they are looking for.
Many of our clients are looking to rid themselves of their old, conventional single-family homes and move into something that fits them better. Well, we are here to tell you that we offer that exact fit.
Here at Build Tiny House, we want our clients to tell us exactly what it is they are looking for. Whether it is a new smaller home or something more specific such as a “274 square foot tiny house on wheels with retractable deck and built-in solar panel system”, we strive to learn our client’s needs and meet those needs to a T.
We know that making the move into a tiny house isn’t always easy for everyone. Some people have already gotten rid of their things, bought a truck and only need to find the house before they come to us for help. While others come to us and want to make the transition to a smaller home, but simply don’t know how to go about starting the process.
Whether you are simply looking for more information or ready to hop in a tiny house and hit the road, always remember that Build Tiny House is going to be there for you.
Build Tiny House works with our customers and through the entire process of building your tiny house with us, we will be right there by your side. We want to keep our clients involved and put them in charge of the entire project. We let them make the decisions and tell us exactly what they want. Then, with the help of our highly-skilled engineers and knowledgeable staff, we walk you through building the tiny house of your dreams.
We are also happy to announce the option of Timber Framed tiny houses being added to our product line. These tiny house frames are available in 5 different types of timber and provide a natural, non-toxic and durable building material that has been used for thousands of years and has proven its efficiency time and time again.
This, along with the entire tiny house movement, goes to show that there are sustainable choices available and that is exactly what we want to offer our customers. Here at Build Tiny House, we are dedicated to making the country a better place one small house at a time. That is why we now offer free delivery to anywhere in the United States and want to make sure that you have access to the best tiny houses for sale in North Carolina. Check for our services in the following areas.
- Chapel Hill
- High Point
Laws Regarding Tiny Houses in North Carolina
There are a few key factors that will determine the laws that pertain to your tiny house situation. Remember to ask yourself and consider the following questions when doing research into your local land ordinance laws and regulations:
- Are there utilities on the property?
- Will it be considered a permanent residence or a vacation home?
- How tall will the structure be and where will it be located on the property?
- What is the square footage?
- Will the house be built on a solid foundation or on wheels?
- Do you plan on digging a foundation or doing any landscaping to the property?
It is also important to remember that the laws are going to vary by region, therefore, it is important to make sure to check the laws that apply to your local municipality. Consulting with a local building contractor can be a great way to get some in-depth information about your local area’s building requirements.